Wednesday, January 09, 2008

The Obligatory Year End List, Part 2

I was going through my music catalog and realized my last post I missed some gems from last year. Iron & Wine - The Shepard's Dog is another disc I found myself playing over and over this year. If you don't know them, check it out. I can't find a song I don't like on it. Eddie Vedder released the soundtrack to Into The Wild, and if you like the melodic side of Pearljam, you'll like this disk. The radio hit Hard Sun is the best, but it's solid throughout.

I learned about Spoon this year with Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga, and I'm hooked. My favorites are The Underdog, You Got Yr Cherry Bomb and Don't Make Me a Target.

Best album-I've-heard-multiple-great-songs-from-and-yet-for-no-good-reason-I-have-not-yet-bought: The White Stripes - Icky Thump, with the loud and raucous title track and the typically cool You Don't Know What Love Is (You Just Do As You're Told). It's on my shopping list.

Best album-I-don't-know-much-about-yet-but-will-probably-buy-on-principle: Robert Plant and Alison Krauss - Raising Sand.

1 comment:

bladio said...

hey - i have the bob plant/ alison one. i got it for my birthday and it is good. i will bring it to skiing.

yours,
blade