Thursday, October 09, 2008

Suspenders




For years we have had a car top carrier that is constantly in the way in our garage when it's not attached to the van. So when I do put it on the van for a trip, I tend to leave it attached for several weeks afterward, so I don't have to have it underfoot all the time. But that looks pretty dorky, and messes with the gas mileage, so eventually I take it off and try to figure out where to put it in the garage.

But no more! I went to the hardware store a few weeks ago and bought some rope, a few pulleys and some eye bolts, and now it lives safely on the ceiling of the garage.

I'll let you know and post some pictures if (when?) the whole thing crashes down onto the car some night!

3 comments:

kww said...

Are you trying to tell me those are suspenders?
Craziness.

bladio said...

i would like to see a video of the carrier being hoisted.

it reminds me of when they show whales being hoisted on the news.

momster said...

It's cool. It's this whole pulley configuration. I think it's something you learn when you are an Eagle Scout.