Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Who?

We are going to see The Who tomorrow night, and I'm pumped! I first saw them 24 years ago in Cedar Falls, Iowa at the UNI-Dome. That was their first farewell tour. I was in high school and I was able to con my folks into letting me camp out all night at the Dome to get tickets, which was good since it sold out in a few hours. (There was no internet back then. Remember?) The show was amazing.

Then in the early nineties KT and I saw them in Kansas City. It was a sold out show at Arrowhead Statium and we had nosebleed seats, but you could still watch the old geezers rock out on the big screen. And it was good.

So now, we'll see. The show didn't sell out this time. I don't expect it to touch the experience I had at my first one back in high school, but I hear the shows have been good so far. And I've been listening to Endless Wire a lot lately to get ready, and I have to say it's pretty damn good.

I'll report on the concert in a few days.

No comments: