Thursday, January 25, 2007

Man, time does fly anymore, whether or not you're having fun it seems. I can't believe I haven't blogged for a month! Oh well, I'm trying to get back in the swing of things. Things are finally starting to quiet down after the holidays, and we finally had a weekend where we were in town, there were no Christmas decorations to put away, I didn't have to log into work even one time, and life was relatively quiet. So in the middle of my quiet Saturday I decided to fix the bathroom sink drains, both of which had been slow to drain since last fall. And plenty of times since last fall I thought "Hmm, I should fix that. It can't possibly take more than 10 minutes, I just need to plunge it out, right? It's only plumbing, how hard could it be?". But I was busy, or lazy, and put it off. But Saturday, I was ready. And I figured even if it takes a half hour, it's time well spent.

Well, crap. Plumbing bites!!!!!!!!

I won't bore you with all the details, but the final count was something like 1 visible bump on my head, 3 bloody knuckles, 1 broken water input flexible pipe (I still don't know how I did that, I wasn't even messing with the water input!), 1 trip to Home Depot, 1 bucketful of hideous black goo with hair sticking out, 1 near vomit from the smell of said goo, 2 bathrooms with black goo splattered all over, 1 face with black goo on it, countless new cuss words for the girls to try out, 2 cleared drains and 4 hours of my life I'll never get back.

I really hate plumbing.

3 comments:

kww said...

Wow, but you did it? How does it drain now! I bet it is KiCK ARRSE with heavy on the aarrrr! I am impressed!

jonnynono said...

Yep, drains like a champ. At least it was a mutual ARRSE kicking!

momster said...

Yay Jonnynono!
At least it wasn't the toilet!